- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablebspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and line with parchment paper cookie pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut up the butter into 1-inch pieces and place them in the large bowl mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment or beaters. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed until the butter is light and creamy in color. Stop and scrape the bowl. Cream the butter for an additional 60 seconds.
- Add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating 1 minute after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl occasionally. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Reduce the mixer speed. Stir vanilla into the apple sauce. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the apple sauce. Mix just until incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix for 15 seconds longer.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a knife. Lift up the pan with the batter, and let it drop onto the counter top to burst any air bubbles, allowing the batter to settle.
- Center the pans onto the lower third of the oven and let bake 10-12 minutes or until the cake is lightly brown on top and comes away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup water
- 4 -5 large ripe mangoes, peeled, deseeded, and cubed
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar , divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
8. Warm 1/2 c. water and dissolve unflavored gelatin. Set aside and let it cool. Mango, sugar, vanilla, whipped cream, and lemon juice in to the blender until smooth and pour gelatin mixture until well blended.
9. Using a 3x8" springform pan, measure a round piece of the yellow cake for base. Press lightly to even surface of cake. Pour mango mouse mixture and refrigerate overnight.
Note: Garnish with slices of favorite colorful fruits. Brush slices of fruits with simple syrup to obtain glossy appearance of your garnish.