- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- Slice fruits, separate outer part of strawberries and set aside. In a bowl combine lemon juice and sugar.
- 1 cream cheese
- 1/4 c. tbsp granulated sugar
- strawberries (separated pieces)
- In a mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, and pieces of strawberries until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color.
- Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Press dough to a buttered cookie sheet evenly. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookie is just beginning to turn brown around the edges. Let it cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly in the cookie and arrange fruit slices and lightly brush fruits with lemon juice mixture.
Note: Lemon juice will prevent discoloration of the fruits. Optional if serve immediately.