2 cups of calrose rice
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 oz sliced-smoked wild nova salmon
12 med size cooked shrimp
sushi mold/sushi bamboo mat
1. Wash and cook rice as per instruction from bag. I recommend using rice cooker for perfect rice.
2. In a sauce pan, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Let it warm up and stir until sugar and salt dissolves. Let it cool.
3. Scoop cook rice, place in a big bowl dish, and use fork to separate rice.
4. Pour vinegar mixture to rice and mix gently.
5. Slice salmon into small lengthwise.
6. Cut shrimp inside from head to tail and press shrimp flat.
7. Get a bowl of water on the side to dip hands before molding, if not, it will be so sticky.
8. Dip molder in water and shake off excess water.
9. Scoop rice mixture to the molder and press, unmold and top with shrimp or salmon.
Note: Can use a big freezer bag to replace bamboo mat. Cut off top and sides of the bag and use one half.