Fresh ingredients and colorful creation to your table.
Friday, March 28, 2014
Friday, February 28, 2014
5 c all purpose flour
2 c warm water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp yeast
1/2 c oil
1. Combine water, sugar, and yeast. Stir to dissolve sugar and yeast, set aside until it bubbles and double it's volume.
2. In a big bowl, combine 4 cups of flour (leaving 1 cup for dusting), and salt.
3.Pour in oil to the water mixture and mix to the flour.
4. Combine all ingredients until it forms a sticky dough.
5. Cover with cloth and let it set for 30 minutes.
6. Dust flour to a kneading surface and start kneading dough until it turned soft and smooth to touch.
7. Divide to 4 and can keep well wrapped dough for days in the fridge.
Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto
1 jar sun dried tomato
1 cup olive oil
1 tbsp paprika
20 cloves fresh garlic
Combine ingredients in a blender and blend well. Put pesto in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge for weeks.
1/4 of dough
1 tbsp pesto
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Pour 1/4 tsp olive oil to a round stoneware/ pizza pan and brush evenly or rub evenly.
3. Using rolling pin, roll dough thinly to the ware/pan, spread pesto, and arrange veggies on top.
4. Bake pizza for 30 minutes or until you want it done.
Crispy results is preferably delicious. Dough can be use to any topping your choice, with or without cheese, which I prefer without. And, you can use regular pizza sauce too.
Saturday, February 22, 2014
These cake pops were moist and deliciously prepared with patience and love of art. I'm beyond guilt creating them because these cuties will occupy anyone's food attention as soon as you start eating them. They were delicious and eye catching beauty!
Thursday, February 13, 2014
You will need:
3 cups warm milk
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp yeast
8 cups all purpose flour
12 egg yolks
1 stick melted butter
1 cup bread crumbs
Combine milk, tbsp sugar, and yeast. Stir until completely dissolves and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a cake mixer, combine flour, sugar, egg yolks, and milk mixture.
Using hook of your mixer, mix all ingredients and knead flour mixture until it forms a ball. This time dough is sticky.
Have some oil ready to grease hands to avoid stickiness. Transfer dough ball into the greased bowl and cover with clean table cloth. Set aside for 2 hours.
Dough size should be doubled.
Divide dough into four.
Form a smooth ball.
and to a dough stick.
Cut them up crosswise into 8 pcs each sticks. Roll them in bread crumbs. Line them up on a cookie sheet and let it rise for an hour. Bake them in preheated 350 degrees oven for 14 minutes or until it's golden brown.
Here you go! Enjoy!
Pandesal is popular in the Philippines for breakfast. Everyday consumption of this roll is common for typical Filipino family. Warm Pandesal is best with butter spread with hot cup of coffee.
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
6 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup warm milk (110-120 degrees)
1 1/2 tbsp active yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon melted butter
1 stick room temperature butter
2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup confectioners sugar
1. Combine all purpose flour and granulated sugar in a cake mixer using a dough hook.
2. In a big measuring glass cup, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, and melted (room temp) butter, stir and set aside for 10 minutes. Mixture will double its volume and bubbly.
3. Pour milk mixture into flour and mix slow. Add in eggs one at a time until all ingredients are incorporated. Turn mixer to medium speed and dough will turn out smooth, soft, and form a ball when its ready.
4. Transfer to a kneading surface, use rolling pin to evenly flatten dough, approximately 1/2 inch in thickness.
5. Spread soft butter evenly to the dough and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top and roll dough to form a long log.
6. Pinch the end of the dough together, smooth out, and stretch ends evenly. Cut at least 2 inches thick and line in a buttered 9 x 13 baking pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Set aside covered rolls for 15 minutes.
8. Bake cinnamon rolls for 25 minutes or until brown on top.
9. In a sauce pan, combine glaze ingredients until it reaches right thickness for glazing and pour over top of cinnamon rolls.